Another Vani Hari FOIA Request

First, some rules.  Please do not retaliate or harass her.  Respect her privacy for one reason-- I can tell you personally how horrible it is to have someone not respect mine. I do not want her to feel the way I do, because of her.  There's some Sunday irony. Thanks.

On Friday afternoon most folks watch that clock as the minute hand clicks toward five o'clock.  Last Friday, I got the email that my university had filled another public records request, again from the Food Babe, Vani Hari, and spent the next few hours going through what they plan to send to her. 

Why is she going after me?  Did I say something wrong?  Is something in my publication record not panning out and she suspects undue influence? 

No.  This is a personal, malicious, expensive attack for one reason-- It is because I corrected her.  I stood up when she visited my campus and lied to the students I am responsible to teach. 

The most recent request includes names of friends like Kavin, Vance, Yvette and Joe. Mark and Mark wrote the book with Kavin and I've never even had an email with either one, I don't think.  The top two names-- no idea. 

I hate like hell giving her any more attention, but this needs to be part of the narrative.  She wants personal emails, my personal conversations with friends.  This is just sick.  It is none of her business. It is the law, so I will will be in full compliance. 

If we did something wrong-- fine.  But this is a vanity request because people criticized her.  She knows that I don't separate personal and business email, I don't have the time or desire to do that. I never will. 

My university job is a researcher, teacher and department chair and my email used for business in those capacities is certainly hers to search.  Go for it.  That's the law and I'm glad to abide by it. 

But to request private emails between friends?  For no reason other than Yvette and Kavin have criticized her, and she's gone after Vance before too.  

She wants to know what we say about her, our secret plans.  Guess what?  Nobody really cares.  You'll see us talk about other things, maybe a joke, maybe someone coming to town. BFD. 

It is FOIA not being used for its intent-- to solve a crime or investigate wrongdoing.  It is taxpayer funded witch hunts to see if anyone said anything bad about Vani.  Damn egomaniac. 

People are sick of it and in social media many started posting her personal information.  I asked them to stop.  I even blacked out her email address in the above graphic.  Unlike her, I respect the privacy of others. 

The way to stop her is to tell the story of her attacks on public scientists far and wide.  Destroy her brand by showing that she is the bully, that she does not have science on her side and need to harm those that do. 


She is a horrible, wretched, self-absorbed woman.  I always gave her the benefit of the doubt.  However, she's wasted enough of my time and university resources, caused me massive anxiety and hassle.  Please share this story.  

Please share this story. 

Popular posts from this blog

Food Babe Visits My University

Film Review: The Need to Grow

Coordinated Disinformation Campaigns on Twitter